We would like to help our families and community during our District's school closures
and the County Shelter-in-Place Order
. Below are some resources that may be helpful for parents and students during this time. Please contact us if you need support or have any questions, at email@example.com
The following companies are currently hiring. Visit each company's employment opportunities website to review available jobs and information on how to apply, or visit a location near you.
|FREE MEALS FOR ANYONE 18 AND UNDER - LOCATIONS & TIMES
Families may pick up a free breakfast and/or lunch for children and anyone under 18. All locations offer a drive-thru or walk up area, and all meals are to be consumed off-premises, in accordance with the County of Santa Clara Public Health Department's Shelter-in-Place Order.
Below is a list of CUHSD schools and other pick up locations near our schools. We will make every effort to keep this chart current and updated, but please note all information is subject to change.
|Boynton High School
||901 Boynton Ave, San Jose, 95117
|Branham High School
||1570 Branham Ln, San Jose, 95118
|Del Mar High School
||1224 Del Mar Ave, San Jose, 95128
|Leigh High School
||5210 Leigh Ave, San Jose, 95124
|Prospect High School
||18900 Prospect Rd, Saratoga, 95070
|Westmont High School
||4805 Westmont Ave, Campbell, 95008
||880 Wren Dr, San Jose, 95125
|Hoover Middle School
||1635 Park Ave, San Jose, 95126
|San Jose High School
||275 N 24th St, San Jose, 95116
||100 Oak St, San Jose, 95110
Campbell Union SD
- Blackford Elementary
- Capri Elementary
- Castlemont Elementary
- Lynhaven Elementary
- Monroe Middle
- Rosemary Elementary
- Sherman Oaks
Various - for location information, visit:
MAP OF SCHOOL FOOD DISTRIBUTION SITES
Below is a map showing various meal pick up locations at schools across the Bay Area, as compiled by a group of Stanford Graduate and Undergraduate Students. For a list of pick up locations, please visit: https://tinyurl.com/bayarea-school-meals
Disclaimer: please note we are offering this map/list as an additional resource for families who may need it, and do not guarantee accuracy or meal availability times and locations. For the most current information, please contact the location of interest to you.
|SECOND HARVEST & FOOD PANTRIES
1) Second Harvest of Silicon Valley - 750 Curtner Ave, San Jose, 95125 408-266-8866
- Grocery Distribution Centers
- Prepared Meal Locations
3) Sacred Heart, Meals on Wheels, CalFresh & Other Food Resources
- Sacred Heart Community Services - provides prepackaged food boxes
- Second Harvest of Silicon Valley - provides health food items
- Meals on Wheels - provides delivery of meals to seniors aged 60+
- CalFresh - provides financial assistance for food purchases
- Santa Clara County Office of Education - provides free meals to anyone 18 and under (children do not need to be present)
- Feel free to download the above flyers at the bottom of this webpage in English, Spanish, Mandarin and Tagalog.
|JOB LOSS & RENTAL NONPAYMENT ASSISTANCE
1) Unemployment Assistance & Job Search
NBC Bay Area offers a helpful article and video describing how to file for unemployment benefits for those laid off or furloughed because of the COVID-19 Coronavirus, and includes a website to register for job searches.
2) COVID-19 Eviction Moratorium in San Jose
If you are a tenant, the COVID-19 Eviction Moratorium ordinance provides you with temporary protection from evictions for non-payment of rent if you can demonstrate your income has been substantially reduced due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
3) Sacred Heart Community Service
- Financial Assistance for Low-Income Residents Impacted by COVID-19
|ADDITIONAL COMMUNITY & MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES
1) Google Translate
2) Free WiFi with Xfinity
3) Inclusion Support WarmLine Services by the Santa Clara County Office of Education
The Inclusion Support WarmLine offers FREE support, information and referrals for children of all ages with disabilities and other needs in the community. Information is available in English, Spanish, Vietnamese, Mandarin, and Korean. Support will be provided by answering questions, addressing concerns and providing social stories to support children’s understanding of ‘social distancing’, etc. To learn more, please visit www.inclusioncollaborative.org/warmline.aspx. Families can call the WarmLine at 408-453-6651 or email them at WarmLineRemoteLearning@sccoe.org.
4) Mental Health Support Resources on Del Mar Website
Resources specifically dedicated to addressing mental health support during the Coronavirus pandemic, are included in our Guidance department, at: delmar.cuhsd.org/apps/pages/guidance
5) Community Resources provided by Campbell Union High School District