This is my second year at Del Mar. Prior to becoming a Don, kismet lead me to Branham as an English teacher and then to Campbell Union High School District as the Literacy Content Specialist. In addition to my work at Del Mar, I am a QTEL-certified Professional Developer for CUHSD.
I graduated with a B.A. from UC Davis in English Literature and Film Studies prior to earning my Single-Subject Teaching Credential in English from San Jose State University. After a few years in the classroom, I went back to SJSU to earn an M.A. in Educational Leadership and Administration and a Tier I Administrative Credential.
Outside of school, you can find me doing any combination of the following:
- Listening to music or podcasts
- Drinking specialty coffee
- Exploring other countries
- Basking in the sun
- Enjoying a gentle breeze
- Reading literature by immigrant authors
- Cooking, especially Vietnamese food
- Talking/learning/reading about social justice education and culturally responsive practices
- Watching Top Chef or This is Us (don't judge me)
- Practicing yoga/skiing/hiking
- Wishing for a dog
"The teacher is of course an artist, but being an artist does not mean that he or she can make the profile, can shape the students. What the educator does in teaching is to make it possible for the students to become themselves."
-Paulo Freire, We Make the Road by Walking: Conversations on Education and Social Change