1) Principal Lopez's January 22nd Newsletter is posted below, with important information on: picture day on February 3rd; Senior news; Community College support, and more.
2) Friday's Coffee Chat Q&A Webinar is now available to view in the Video Messages section below.
|STUDENT/PARENT INFORMATIONAL NEWSLETTER - JAN 22, 2021|
|PAST PRINCIPAL'S NEWSLETTERS - SPRING 2021|
(Click to Expand)
|PAST PRINCIPAL'S NEWSLETTERS - FALL 2020|
(Click to Expand)
STUDENT/PARENT INFORMATIONAL VIDEO NEWSLETTER - OCT 9, 2020
This week, we have made a video for our weekly newsletter. Thank you to Blanca Diaz, our Community Liaison, for helping with the video. Following the video, you will find additional information highlighted in the video.
(video is also available at: bit.ly/mrlopezvideomessageoct9)
1. Please join us Tuesday, October 13th at 8am for a Student/Parent Q and A. We will send out a zoom link next week for students and families to join. In attendance will be our Activities Director, Athletic Director, one Counselor, one Assistant Principal and myself. If you would like to submit a question before the event, please visit bit.ly/adminquestions2020.
2. If you are a student interested in joining our Student Equity Team, please email our Activities Director Ms. Schembri email@example.com. This team will begin meeting to look at our handbook and review current structures within Del Mar High School and identify ways in which we can support all students.
3. Don't forget about the tech hotline, please contact if you are in need of a hot spot or are having any tech related issues (408) 558-3080.
Last but not least, I wanted to share voting information that was sent earlier from the Santa Clara County Office of Education. You can see the full message below.
Due to the pandemic, you may have concerns regarding the November 3rd election. Registering to vote and casting your vote may appear a bit overwhelming. However, during this upcoming election it is actually easier to do both. If you have not yet registered to vote or would like to verify the status of your registration, please visit the California Voter Registration website, at: registertovote.ca.gov. Please note the deadline to register to vote is Oct 19, 2020, 15 days before Election Day on Nov 3, 2020. Anyone who is registered to vote will receive a ballot mailed to them automatically. Completed ballots can be returned in the free postage-paid envelope that is provided or can be placed in one of 98 conveniently located drop-boxes throughout the county.
The Registrar of Voters Office will also be open for early voting beginning on October 5, 2020 through Election Day - access the office online, at: www.sccgov.org/sites/rov/Pages/Registrar-of-Voters.aspx. Voters who prefer to vote in person can still do so at any of the more than 100 Vote Centers that will be open throughout Santa Clara County starting October 31, 2020.
Adhering to COVID-19 protocols, the Vote Centers will offer sanitary, in-person options for a full spectrum of services including language and accessibility assistance. For more information visit sccvote.org/voterschoice or call 866-430-VOTE (8683). A few dates to keep in mind:
Have an amazing weekend everyone,
|PRINCIPAL LOPEZ'S VIDEO MESSAGES AND Q&A WEBINARS|