Each year, the Del Mar counseling department helps students with their four-year Academic Plan for classes they plan to take in high school through a process called programming. If you missed programming, please contact your Guidance Counselor.
|TIPS FOR FRESHMEN|
- Attend Freshman Orientation usually held the week before school starts.
- Find out where your classes are and where everything is on your new campus (i.e. student store, library, health office, counselor office, lunch lines, etc.)
- Review your class schedule to make sure there are no mistakes.
- Meet new friends and surround yourself with good people.
- Get involved. Attend Club Rush in September and join a club.
- Find out when the various sports are offered.
- Get ready for final exams in December.
- Keep your grades up. Grades do count your freshman year and set the tone for high school!
- Get ready to pick your classes when you return from winter break in January.
- Research classes you’re thinking of: Talk to friends, sophomores, teachers, counselors, etc..
- Spring finals are in June. Study, study, study.
- Plan for summer ... Work? Volunteer? Read two books or more.