Welcome, 9th Grade Families!
We're happy to have you at Del Mar. Below is some helpful information share at the recent 9th grade family night.
9th Grade Family Night - August 8, 2023
The following presentation was made at 9th grade family night. To view, please click on the image below or click on this link: https://bit.ly/dmhs9thgradenight2023.
To view the presentation in Spanish, please click on the image below or click on this link: https://bit.ly/dmhs9thgradenight2023_spanish.
Tips for Freshmen
- Attend Freshman Orientation usually held the week before school starts.
- Find out where your classes are and where everything is on your new campus (i.e. student store, library, health office, counselor office, lunch lines, etc.)
- Review your class schedule to make sure there are no mistakes.
- Meet new friends and surround yourself with good people.
- Get involved. Attend Club Rush in September and join a club.
- Find out when the various sports are offered.
- Get ready for final exams in December.
- Keep your grades up. Grades do count your freshman year and set the tone for high school!
- Get ready to pick your classes when you return from winter break in January.
- Research classes you’re thinking of: Talk to friends, sophomores, teachers, counselors, etc..
- Spring finals are in June. Study, study, study.
- Plan for summer ... Work? Volunteer? Read two books or more.
"Teen Talk" Education During 9th Grade by Health Connected
* Disclaimer: Campbell Union High School District and Del Mar High School cannot be responsible for the content, accuracy or accessibility of external link sites referenced on this web page. External link sites are not supervised by or within the control of CUHSD or Del Mar High School.