IB Documents, Links & FAQs
We're pleased you are interested in an IB education at Del Mar High School!
Click below links for important documents providing detailed IB information for you and your family.
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE IBO - EMPLOYABILITY SKILLS GAINED THROUGH IB!
|IB PROGRAMME AT DEL MAR HIGH SCHOOL|
- Requirements & Conditions for Earning an IB Diploma
- IB Diploma Programme Pathways of Study
- Programa del Diploma IB Rutas de Estudio de Del Mar
- IB Course Information & Descriptions
- CAS Handbook
- CAS Project Form
- IB Assessments
- IB Exam Fees - English
- Tasas de Examen IB
|IBO (INTERNATIONAL BACCALAUREATE ORGANIZATION) INFORMATION|
- The IB Mission - The International Baccalaureate (IB) aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect. Learn more at: www.ibo.org/about-the-ib/mission/.
- An IB Education - An IB education provides opportunities to develop both disciplinary and interdisciplinary understanding that meet rigorous standards set by institutions of higher learning around the world. Learn more at: www.ibo.org/globalassets/what-is-an-ib-education-2017-en.pdf.
- The IB Diploma Programme (DP) - Interdisciplinary DP courses and requirements offer students ways to explore new issues and understanding that reach across subjects. Learn more at: www.ibo.org/programmes/diploma-programme/.
- CAS (Creativity, Activity and Service) - The CAS project which challenges students to show initiative, demonstrate perseverance, develop skills such as collaboration, problem solving and decision making. Learn more at: www.ibo.org/programmes/diploma-programme/curriculum/creativity-activity-and-service/.
- Theory of Knowledge (TOK) - Provides an opportunity for students to reflect on the nature of knowledge, and on how we know what we claim to know. Learn more at: www.ibo.org/programmes/diploma-programme/curriculum/theory-of-knowledge/.
- Extended Essay - An independent, self-directed piece of research, where students investigate a topic of special interest to them, which is also related to one of the student's six Diploma Programme subjects. Learn more at: www.ibo.org/programmes/diploma-programme/curriculum/extended-essay/.
(Source: www.ibo.org, updated as of January 24, 2020.)
|ENRICHING/RELATED ACADEMICS AT DEL MAR HIGH SCHOOL|
- ICAP (International College Advancement Program) Courses - Learn more about ICAP Courses offered at Del Mar, at: ICAP Courses.
- State Seal of Biliteracy - a nationwide program honoring language proficiency. The program is recognized by the State Superintendent of Public Instruction for graduating high school students who have attained a high level of proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing in one or more language, in addition to English. Learn more about how you can earn the California State Seal of Biliteracy, at: www.cde.ca.gov/sp/el/er/sealofbiliteracy.asp.
- International Association of French Students - please contact our IB French Educator, Mme. Saade at [email protected], for more information about joining this association.