Sophomore Family Night 2022
Thank you, Sophomore Families, for attending this year's event. To review the presentations made, please visit the links below. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact Ms. Calara in the College and Career Center, or your Guidance Counselor.
Tips for Sophomores
- Classes do get harder so make sure to check in with your teachers as needed and/or attend Homework Labs.
- Keep your grades up. Sophomore grades are tied directly to your college applications and your financial aid eligibility status.
- Start researching careers and college majors using Naviance.
- Start exploring the possibility of taking IB classes for next year. Talk with your teachers and other students to gain as much information as possible about classes you’re interested in.
- Study for final exams in December.
- Attend the IB Parent Night in January with your parents to learn more about taking IB classes next year.
- SVCTE Campus Tour - Sign up with your counselor if interested in any of these programs and/or trades for next year.
- Sign up for the PSAT exam given in March.
- Start researching colleges & attend college visits in the College & Career Center.
- Sign up for the College MAP or Strive for College Mentor Program.
- Sign up for Summer School if needed with your counselor.
- Plan on visiting colleges during family road trips or upcoming summer vacations.
- Apply for a work permit if you are planning to work over the summer.